This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kinmassive 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

malagasy
    Participant

Well,
    I’m definitely a hard gainer. Kinda really struggling getting my quota of calories everyday (when you eat clean ;-).

Anyway, I’ve noticed that my PWO shake does not do anything good to my appetite for the rest of my day (loss of appetite after the shake).

I’m usually having:
    40g WPI
    80g Dextrose
    1 Fruit

Now, I realise the insulin spike of dextrose might be the reason so was sorta considering Waxy Mayze Starch on a simple assumption (i might be wrong). I’ve seen somewhere that WMS passes throught the digestive system faster so it could help with my appetite problem if it’s taken faster by metabolism, right ?

Would you recommend as my PWO shake:
    40g WPI
    40g WMS
    20g Dextrose
    1 fruit

I’m about to order from myopure but don’t want something that’s not needed.

Also, does anyone knows the main differences between all the WPI available on myopure, which one should i go for ?

Hope you can help.
    Cheers !

#7780 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

For postworkout try ACE WPI for the mix.

My preference is still for dextrose/maltodextrin as the carb source in peri-workout drinks. It’s the insulin spike that’s important.

However, you should feel really hungry after your pwo drink. It maltodextrin can sometimes disagree with some people but dextrose should be fine.

Do you mix in water? To much liquid can leave one feeling bloated. Try half drinking half before/during workout and half after. Ditch the fruit until after first whole food meal.

WMS may place less of a gastric load if nothing else works.

J

#7781 Reply

malagasy
    Participant

so what’s the deal with WMS ? I’ve heard a lot of people talking about that one like it’s the best thing ever ?

#7782 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

@malagasy wrote:

Well,
    I’m definitely a hard gainer. Kinda really struggling getting my quota of calories everyday (when you eat clean ;-).

Being a “hard gainer” and not eating enough are 2 different things. I hate the term hard gainer – its like you are mentally pre-sabotaging yourself to fail.

Now, I realise the insulin spike of dextrose might be the reason

The higher the insulin, the more/quicker blood sugar will be cleared from your system meaning your blood sugar will crash – therefore triggering hunger again. Ever hear of over weight people who cant put those cakes and cokes down?….thats why. (its a vicious cycle).

Would you recommend as my PWO shake:
    40g WPI
    40g WMS
    20g Dextrose
    1 fruit

If anything the fruit is what’s causing the lack of hunger, not the high GI sugars you are consuming with your shake…..I have to wonder though how intense you are training to not be hungry after your session, and what you are eating the rest of the day.

Also, does anyone knows the main differences between all the WPI available on myopure, which one should i go for ?

Dont concern yourself with so many ‘scientific’ terms and whether or not a different type of protein powder will give you astronomical muscle gains. Protein is protein – the most important thing is that you get it IN and that you eat enough other quality nutrients.

Going to the gym, doing a richard symmons style workout and then stressing over the degree of hydrolysis of your whey will do nothing to sort your “hard gaining” problems.

#7783 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

@bodytek wrote:

@malagasy wrote:
    Well,

Being a “hard gainer” and not eating enough are 2 different things. I hate the term hard gainer – its like you are mentally pre-sabotaging yourself to fail.

no, you ARE sabotaging yourself to failure. If your constantly telling yourself you won’t get big, your brain is going to listen and do likewise.

#7784 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

@bodytek wrote:

Going to the gym, doing a richard symmons style workout and then stressing over the degree of hydrolysis of your whey will do nothing to sort your “hard gaining” problems.

😆 Couldn’t agree more. I feel so sympathetic to the newbs, they are so misguided when it comes to supplementation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Post Workout Shake
Your information:

Positive SSL