- July 7, 2011 at 12:23 am #6002
I’m reading the ‘Truth About Whey Protein’ available from http://grassfedcowswhey.com/thankyou.htm
(hope the link works without registering)
Basically he’s saying most whey is harmful and good whey must be:
1. Whole & unheated
2. Non-Acid treated
3. Derived from raw milk of pasture-fed cows
I wondered what are people’s thought of this document and if any of myopure’s WPC is fitting these standards ?
MichaJuly 11, 2011 at 1:10 am #9085
There is so much wrong with this, I don’t know where to start…
But here’s a couple of things to keep in mind
1) All dairy is heat treated. If not, it can’t be sold for human consumption. Not here, not in the US.
2) Most WPIs are produced using ultrafiltration and microfiltration, same as WPC but with an extra filtration step.
3) And finally, the claim that key aminos are lost in other whey proteins is just more bunkum. Amino acid profiles for each MyoPrue protein are on their page and they’re all there!!
Any MyoPure WPC or WPI just as good as this. If you must have grass fed, try our NZ WPC.July 11, 2011 at 1:41 am #9086
Thanks Dr J !