This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Derek Amos 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Gilbey
    Participant

I have been led to believe that mixing creatine with fruit juice is a good way to help absorption of creatine, however browing these forums I found some controversy telling that fruit juice is bad… why would it be bad?

as far as i can learn, orange juice breaks down the stomach wall somewhat and therefore should aid in absorption of pretty much anything, that and the fact that it has high levels of sugar for a solid insulin spike…

anyone, thoughts?

#2838 Reply

shmick
    Participant

i might be a year late,but anyway.
    oj is too acidic for creatine and creatine breaks down ito byproduct creatinine which aint good for you.oj also has fructose which is slow absorbing and therefore insulin spike wont be massive.if you want to take it with juice, use grape juice.better insulin spike and not as acidic.
    but ur better of taking it close to a shake containing maltodex and dex cos ur insulin peaks hard.and uptake is not necessarily about insulin, minerals too.sodium….

#2839 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

Me too…Apple juice and dark grape are the best juices to use.

#2840 Reply

grimnal
    Participant

im not sure i usually just wack it on a spoon and throw it down the hatch not mix it up im told some people metabolise creatine so fast it doesnt reach the blood stream so use it pre workout on a empty stomach weather citrus aids rapid digestion on the empty stomach into the blood

maybe its best to use it first thing in the morning and have a mid day shake and food i usually dont eat and train but i guess if you do eat and than creatine and train using citrus could help

#2841 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

creatine doesnt need insulin to cross cell membranes……………………….

#2842 Reply

Anonymous
    Participant

it doesnt need insulin but you get far better results and have to use less. In terms of fructose or fruit sugar, it only provides a medium insulin spike. Thats why is always recommended with a fast acting glucose with a GI over 100

#2843 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

@epicsupplements wrote:

it doesnt need insulin but you get far better results and have to use less.

So you agree it doesn’t need insulin…..then why the need to send insulin through the roof? Cell uptake is controlled by demand and quality of creatine to a degree. It is tightly controlled. The rate at which it gets there is irrelevant. If you saturate creatine stores in 3 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes, it doesnt make the slightest difference………and you save the huge unnecessary insulin surge.

Why would you have to use less creatine if you take it with a glucose transport? What say you.

#2844 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

@epicsupplements wrote:

it doesnt need insulin but you get far better results and have to use less. In terms of fructose or fruit sugar, it only provides a medium insulin spike. Thats why is always recommended with a fast acting glucose with a GI over 100

What you forgot to mention is that you also need at least 100g of the stuff.

So in theory, yes, 100g glucose improves uptake but doesn’t make much sense in practice. The take home message is that if you’re having a peri-workout shake dump your creatine in that.

#2845 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

@bodytek wrote:

@epicsupplements wrote:
    it doesnt need insulin but you get far better results and have to use less.

So you agree it doesn’t need insulin…..then why the need to send insulin through the roof? Cell uptake is controlled by demand and quality of creatine to a degree. It is tightly controlled. The rate at which it gets there is irrelevant. If you saturate creatine stores in 3 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes, it doesnt make the slightest difference………and you save the huge unnecessary insulin surge.

Why would you have to use less creatine if you take it with a glucose transport? What say you.

Exactly. Next time your at filled up you car with petrol, try bunging some more in and see what happens.

#2846 Reply

jarrad81
    Participant

Does anyone mix their creatine with v8 vege juice?

#8893 Reply

Derek Amos
    Participant

Its a natural sugar drink, with sweetner taken from the vegies. It won’t do squat for creatine uptake. You could use it as a taste alterer, as creatine doesn’t taste to great, but add a spike of sugar to get it to drag the vitamins in the juice and creatine into the body. Or use added whey protein instead, to do the same thing. DA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Orange Juice
Your information:

Positive SSL