This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  unbuff 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

met21e
    Participant

I have recently started using MyOpure WPC (which might I add I am very happy with) and have noticed that it smells a little funky, it did so even when I opened it for the first time. I have used different brands before (Maxs and Balance) and have never noticed it before, is it normal?

#8043 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

Yes, milk proteins have an odour.

Once you start adding sweetners and flavours it changes completely.

#8049 Reply

met21e
    Participant

Ok thanks, I just wasn’t sure because I have never brought unflavoured protein previously

#8050 Reply

Joey Rudisill
    Keymaster

You’ll get used to it.

#8051 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

It’s heaps better than flavoured in my opinion.

Off topic sorry, but my brother in law just bought muscletechs mass tech protein (2.3kgs?) and it cost him $139!!!!!!!!!

To make it worse, you need 5 scoops per serve WTF!

I can’t believe people are still falling for that shit in this era of the internet??

#8052 Reply

met21e
    Participant

I can understand if people have never bought protein before, as many buy from a health food store and they are pricey.

I like the price factor and serving portion of unflavoured protein however i’m not sure on the taste (I take it with water and milo and it ain’t great), plus I find it is much harder to mix and get lumps that I have to chew 🙁

#8053 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

In my opinion WPC is shit. I use WPI only for that exact reason, less smell and no lumps (can’t comment on Myopures as I don’t use it). Try ovaltine mixed with water. Shake the powers up first then add water and shake again, see how you go.

#8054 Reply

Stil
    Participant

It makes a lot of difference to getting a lumpy shake how you mix it… believe it or not, I have worked out the following rules for simple old calcium caseinate:

1. Get a tall narrow cup/mug. Some coffee mugs in Woolies are like that.

2. Get an oblong spoon, not round.

3. Don’t pour too much water, leave space for vigorous stirring. You can top up the water later.

4. When you spoon the protein, don’t compress it against the edge of the container. Just shake the excess off.

5. Spoon it quickly, and start mixing within a few seconds of putting the first spoon in. The reason is that caseinate set into lumps very FAST. Leave closing the protein container for later.

6. Stir in round motion vigorously. If any stuff gets stuck near top, spon it down in one round motion.

I have had to chew lumps for ages until I worked the above out. Now I am getting a thick and smooth Caseinate without lumps.

The other thing is that different proteins mix differently. You may have to work it out for each of them. For example HPC is very stickly gluey, and you simply stir it for a couple of minutes. Then you restir it a couple of times as you moving around preparing stuff, and finally you let it stand during your excercise, and it will mostly disolve by itself during that time (provided it had good initial mixing down to small lumps only).

#8055 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

Awesome 😀

#8056 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

I’ve had zero problems with CC when I used to have it. I put it in my shake like normal, shook, and it came out smooth.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: MyoPure WPC
Your information:

Positive SSL