This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  big_phi 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Skinny
    Participant

Does it matter what type of milk i make my shakes with,ie:full cream,skim etc, or should i just be using water?

#6086 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

It depends on you goals. If your bulking i see no reason not to use full cream milk, on the other hand if your trying to lose bodyfat obviously go for skim or water.

#6087 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

@skinny wrote:

Does it matter what type of milk i make my shakes with,ie:full cream,skim etc, or should i just be using water?

fullcream Milk can be deceptive, a big glass can hold alot of cals and its so easy to down. I 2nd what ST says.

#6088 Reply

Stallion
    Participant

I was under the impression that PWO shakes had to be quickly digested/absorbed…and that’s why whey protein is used.
    Wouldn’t the fat in full cream milk slow this process down ?

I’d like to know this since imo pwo shakes made with water taste like arse. 😆

#6089 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

yeah dont have milk pwo.

#6090 Reply

Skinny
    Participant

Thanks,stallions post was what concerned me about using full cream but i just cant cop it in water so i guess its better to have milk then trying to eat the protein i need. 😛

#6091 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

@stallion wrote:

How do you know what arse taste like 😐
    I have mine with water and it tastes fine. Unless your using the unflavoured Whey then it does taste horrid. I use dextrose in my PWO shake so it sweetens the taste of the unflavoured whey.
    Cheers ST

#6092 Reply

Stallion
    Participant

@stormtrooper wrote:

..How do you know what arse taste like 😐 …

Your boyfriend told me… 😆

Just kidding… I just assumed it tasted foul. (lame pun intended 😛 )

heh sorry StormTrooper I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity

#6093 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

Damn you stallion… 😉

#6094 Reply

CreatorAUST
    Participant

@stallion wrote:

I was under the impression that PWO shakes had to be quickly digested/absorbed…and that’s why whey protein is used.

Taste problem for post workout shake? Try this.

30 grams of Myopure WPI or WPC
    30 grams of Dextrose
    30 grams of Maltodextrin
    15 grams of powdered “Powerade” sports drink, (buy it at the supermarket)

Only 15 grams of powerade gives it a great taste. of course you can adjust the amounts above to suit yourself.

#6097 Reply

Andrew69
    Participant

@stallion wrote:

This is an urban myth.
    Pick up textbook relating to subject and you will plainly see that solid fats slow down the absorbtion process as it takes time for the fat to be digested and turned from bolus into chime.
    Liquid fats make virtually ZERO difference.

Ive played around with PWO shakes WPI/dex/malto in water and skim milk/wpc/ground oats, and I cant tell the difference in muscle gains.
    But if I over do the dex/malto/wpi, I add bf pretty quickly

#6117 Reply

big_phi
    Participant

Full cream contains a lot saturated fat which is bad for your ticker. Considering the fact that you probably are increasing the amount of food you eat the saturated fat content is probably already high.

FAT does slow absorption it does not matter if its a solid or liquid. What andrew has told you is incorrect.

Thats why when you eat anything fatty you get full quick and stay full for longer.

If you want the calories, use skim milk and add in some healthy fats from flax seed oil.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Milk??
Your information:

Positive SSL