This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  big_phi 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #630 Reply

Hey there,

This is my first time buying Myopure’s stuff, dont know how I stumbled onto the site but very glad I did 🙂

Which of these should I get as my prebed protein? I have read that Calcium Caseinate is inferior to Micellar Casein – what are your thoughts? It also suprises me that the MPC is cheaper than CC if the previous statement is correct.

Thank for the help

#6076 Reply

Dr J

Yeah, that’s the million dollar question.

There’s lots of ways to look at this. For example, we could think of MPC to Calcium caseinate as WPC is to WPI.

MPC 5% fat and 5% lactose, CC next to none of both.

However, this is not strictly correct as MPC is 20% whey and CC is 100% casein.

However, the casein in CC has been processed (calcium added) whereas the casein (and whey) in MPC has been subjected to minimal processing.

I prefer the taste of MPC but if you’re also adding flax seed oil there’s not much difference.

Both are slow proteins.

#6077 Reply

Well Im going to be adding this to a blend of WPC, micellar and egg albumin.

The reason im going to be adding either MPC/CC is to increase the micellar casein as my current blend (branded, not my own blend) does not have enough

which one should i choose? the CC?

#6078 Reply

Dr J

If you want to add ‘micellar’ casein, go for the MPC.

#6115 Reply

i am buying micellar this time round. calcium caseinate is driving me crazy.

I shake like a mad man but it clumps quite a bit. i almost choked on a fat piece of protein lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Micellar MPC or Calcium Caseinate??
Your information:

Positive SSL