This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chef
    Participant

Hi Dr J,
    I received my 500g of L-Leucine today and I was alarmed to notice that this stuff is made in China. I know that the website states ‘meets British Pharmacopia standards’ but can you provide more information on the source please? Is this stuff batch tested?

I’m really uncomfortable with consuming anything from China, so I’m hoping you can set my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Chef

#7802 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

It’s made to the British Pharmacopia standard and comes with a certificate of analysis from China.

We would prefer to sell Japanese material but it’s just too expensive. Also looked into testing this ourselves but the price also ended up being way to much.

So we were left with trusting the local importer which is a large Australian company that has dealt with this manufacturer for a long time and they are confident that the product meets the BP standard.

If you check amino acids in the health store you’ll find almost none give the country of manufacture (in that case assume it’s Chinese). The difference in price is so significant you would want to make a big deal about.

That’s one of the reasons we stuck with German Creatine and US made Japanese Glutamine and make a big deal about it. Probably especially important with creatine which a lot of people (including myself) take year after year after year

I’m taking l-leucine at the moment and am pretty confident that it’s okay. Will try it out for a couple of months and see how it goes.

J

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: L-Leucine: manufactured in China!?
Your information:

Positive SSL