This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  fake van cleef & arpels necklace 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Dave996
    Participant

Google this stuff and you find it ticks quite a few boxes that other supps claim and in some cases more. Now Im the biggest cynic going when it comes to supps of any kind, but this stuff seems to have a broarder application than just bodybuilding with quite a few of the scientific and medical types getting behind it.
    Ive been on it for about two months, is it doing anything?
    Well I can tell you it’s definatly not hurting.
    At the very least, I recover faster. Thats a fact.
    Im going to up the dose slightly this week and see where it goes.
    I may have my hand on my pecker, but I think its actualy helping.

One reasuring point is its called what it actualy is and not SUPAMEGAGIANTFUCKENRIPPEDTOTHAMAXMUSCLEBLASTER….

This mob sell it on flea bay for about $50 per lb.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Trippypossums

Anybody else got an opinion?

#6896 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

How much are u taking per day, and at what times?

I’m taking Gakic, which is just arginine by muscletech. It seems to be working as it says, so no complaints.

#6897 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@unbuff wrote:

How much are u taking per day, and at what times?

I’m taking Gakic, which is just arginine by muscletech. It seems to be working as it says, so no complaints.

Well I load my own ’00’ size gel caps and now take 3 in the morning and 3 post workout at night, Ive tried taking it pre-workout but cant realy tell the difference, at least at that dosage.
    Works out about 2 teaspoons worth. Caps are the only way I can get it into me cause it tastes like sour poison, regardless of what you mix it with.

Cant realy find any side-effects so might ramp it up a little.

Never heard of Gakic, whats the dosage?

#6898 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

Arginine is just a single amino acid that may help give you a better pump…thats about it. Even so, it should be taken correctly (i,e empty stomach)

I know back in the day it was given to guys with ED

Creatine is made up of 3 amino acids…Arginine being one of them…stick to creatine as its more functional.

#6899 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@bodytek wrote:

Arginine is just a single amino acid that may help give you a better pump…thats about it. Even so, it should be taken correctly (i,e empty stomach)

Creatine is made up of 3 amino acids…Arginine being one of them…stick to creatine as its more functional.

Please understand Im not jumping up on my soapbox here, but Im assuming you’ve used it right?
    As far as creatine goes, I tend to train heavy with low reps, say 85-90% of my 1rm on working sets and for me, creatine has done sweet FA. Ive trained with it and without, never made a lick of difference.

#6900 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

Sorry to be a cut and paste merchant, but heres a bit of what Wiki says.

You would hope they are not affiliated with any supp companys…

Function

Arginine plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones. Arginine, taken in combination with proanthocyanidins[4] or yohimbine[5], has also been used as a treatment for erectile dysfunction.

The benefits and functions attributed to oral ingestion of L-arginine include:

* Precursor for the synthesis of Nitric Oxide (NO)
    * Stimulation of the release of the most important anti-aging hormone in the body, growth hormone.
    * Improves immune function
    * Reduces healing time of injuries (particularly bone)
    * Quickens repair time of damaged tissue
    * Reduces risk of heart disease
    * Increases muscle mass
    * Reduces adipose tissue body fat
    * Helps improve insulin sensitivity
    * Helps decrease blood pressure
    * Alleviates male infertility, improving sperm production and motility
    * Increases circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs

#6901 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

@dave996 wrote:

@bodytek wrote:

Please understand Im not jumping up on my soapbox here, but Im assuming you’ve used it right?
    As far as creatine goes, I tend to train heavy with low reps, say 85-90% of my 1rm on working sets and for me, creatine has done sweet FA. Ive trained with it and without, never made a lick of difference.

Yep ive used it and its basically like the wiki copy-paste job said “precursor to NO2″…which is what gives you a “pump”. If you take a look at all nitric oxide supplements out there, they contain arginine for this very reason.

Now as far as using it goes, why waste your money on something that simply gives you a pump?…..I know it improves circulation etc but there are cheaper ways to do that 🙂

Creatine has arginine in it – so if you say its doing nothing for you (thats common in a few people too…..some guys are non-responders to creatine) then i wouldnt waste my money on a single amino acid like arginine.

#6902 Reply

Joey Rudisill
    Keymaster

This is not aimed at you, more so at the use of Wikipedia to explain something (seeing as though you can write circumspect crap on there and get away with it).

Dont forget that these results may not be for someone who has sufficient amounts from their food, you may already be getting the benefits and any more is just a saturation.

Also read up on wikipedias references for these benefits as the literature may explain where they came from. As in the healing of bones may have been tested on elderly patients who have factured a bone and then may not have anything to do with you.

Also NO does not influence circulation to such a great degree, check out some literature on that and you will see it is only a very small part of a larger picture.

Since I have time here are some more

* Precursor for the synthesis of Nitric Oxide (NO)
    * Stimulation of the release of the most important anti-aging hormone in the body, growth hormone. – More growth hormone is not always better check out gigantism.
    * Improves immune function – most things improve imune function if the body is deficient in it, check its references.
    * Reduces healing time of injuries (particularly bone) – read last one.
    * Quickens repair time of damaged tissue – same
    * Reduces risk of heart disease
    * Increases muscle mass – by itself not significantly
    * Reduces adipose tissue body fat – see above
    * Helps improve insulin sensitivity – see above
    * Helps decrease blood pressure
    * Alleviates male infertility, improving sperm production and motility – Alleviates is a very strong word, if it did this then it would be the most popular feritility drug on earth – kind of stresses my point about wikipedia.
    * Increases circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs

#6903 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@bodytek wrote:

@dave996 wrote:
    @bodytek wrote:

Yep ive used it and its basically like the wiki copy-paste job said “precursor to NO2″…which is what gives you a “pump”. If you take a look at all nitric oxide supplements out there, they contain arginine for this very reason.

Now as far as using it goes, why waste your money on something that simply gives you a pump?…..I know it improves circulation etc but there are cheaper ways to do that 🙂

Creatine has arginine in it – so if you say its doing nothing for you (thats common in a few people too…..some guys are non-responders to creatine) then i wouldnt waste my money on a single amino acid like arginine.

To be honest, Ive never realy trained for the ‘pump’ as its no indicator whatsoever that you have stimulated a muscle growth, I mean, hit the floor and do 20 push-ups and you’ll feel pumped, did you grow bigger pecs? I doubt it.
    Look at powerlifters or olympic lifters, the bigest and strongest athletes out there. Heavy sets, low reps and probably nothing in the way of a decernable pump, but their results speal for themselves.

Like any supplyment, its probbly as much about the placebo effect as anything, I agree that the effects might only be minimal, but like I said, its not hurting.
    But lets be honest here, the only shit that realy produces results comes out of Mexico or South East Asia, if supps actualy did anything the would be called drugs.

Chicken breast and protien powder anyone?

#6904 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@dave wrote:

This is not aimed at you, more so at the use of Wikipedia to explain something (seeing as though you can write circumspect crap on there and get away with it).

You’re right dave, wiki’s definition looks like it was scaned straight off the bottle and wasn’t the best or for that matter, most thorough definition for sure.
    As you say, there are many factors to consider.

At least we are thinkng though.

#6905 Reply

bodytek
    Participant

@dave996 wrote:

@bodytek wrote:
    @dave996 wrote:
    @bodytek wrote:

To be honest, Ive never realy trained for the ‘pump’ as its no indicator whatsoever that you have stimulated a muscle growth, I mean, hit the floor and do 20 push-ups and you’ll feel pumped, did you grow bigger pecs? I doubt it.
    Look at powerlifters or olympic lifters, the bigest and strongest athletes out there. Heavy sets, low reps and probably nothing in the way of a decernable pump, but their results speal for themselves.

Like any supplyment, its probbly as much about the placebo effect as anything, I agree that the effects might only be minimal, but like I said, its not hurting.
    But lets be honest here, the only shit that realy produces results comes out of Mexico or South East Asia, if supps actualy did anything the would be called drugs.

Dude, im not advocating the use of it – im saying that its a waste of money because all it does it give you a pump….

Now i have no idea why you went on a rant about training and muscle growth etc……..arginine can be used pre-contest to actually achieve a pump as many cant do on low-no carb pre-contest phases.

I guess some people like to argue for the sake of arguing without even READING peoples posts. :roll:

#6906 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@bodytek wrote:

@dave996 wrote:
    @bodytek wrote:
    @dave996 wrote:
    @bodytek wrote:

Dude, im not advocating the use of it – im saying that its a waste of money because all it does it give you a pump….

Now i have no idea why you went on a rant about training and muscle growth etc……..arginine can be used pre-contest to actually achieve a pump as many cant do on low-no carb pre-contest phases.

I guess some people like to argue for the sake of arguing without even READING peoples posts. :roll:

Sorry mate
    Wasn’t having a stab at ya.
    But yes, I am sometimes guilty of ranting, skiming over posts, spinning off topic and starting the odd argument, ask anyone. Kind of livens things up a bit woudn’t you agree? .
    😉

#6907 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

@dave996 wrote:

This mob sells it for about $56 per pound including shipping.

https://www.myopure.com.au/arginine-akg.html

We think that if you’re going to use arginine the akg version is a better way to go than the base.

#6908 Reply

Dave996
    Participant

@Dr J wrote:

@dave996 wrote:

This mob sells it for about $56 per pound including shipping.

https://www.myopure.com.au/arginine-akg.html

We think that if you’re going to use arginine the akg version is a better way to go than the base.

Doh!!

So, is there an emoticon that expresse’s buyers remorse?

#6909 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

@dave996 wrote:

Never heard of Gakic, whats the dosage?

It’s 10.2gms of Glycine – l – arginine -alpha – keto isocaproic acid calcium

I think my problem is im taking it 15mins after my pre workout meal, and not on an empty stomach.

I’ll change that quick smart and post back how I go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: L-arginine
Your information:

Positive SSL