This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

voomae
    Participant

I was thinking of ordering some myopure egg white powder to add to my shakes and noticed that it says it can be reconstituted as liquid. Does this mean it could be used for cooking things like egg white ommelettes? If so what amounts do you use and how would you mix it?

#6192 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

yes you could, but I’d imagine it wouldn’t taste great, unless you packed it with other stuff like cheese. 😆

#6193 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

Yes the taste is pretty bland. Also for scrambled egg whites the result can end up and little watery.

However, as ST points out, you can improve on this. One whole egg added to reconstituted egg white makes a big difference. I imagine cheese would do the same.

J

#6194 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

Egg white powder blended with a banana and or yoghurt actually taste quite good and makes for a good brekky when time is against you.

#6195 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

Oh, and throw in some oats.. 😀

#6196 Reply

voomae
    Participant

Thanks guys, that was pretty much what I was thinking. I usually use 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites, adding other things for flavour. Basically I just wanted to know if it would work in terms of consistency.

#6197 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

Regarding consistency: play around with the amount of water you use to reconstitute.

Another thing I’ve been meaning to test (but haven’t) is to reconstitute the night before and keep mix in fridge till morning to see if it jells up a little.

J

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: how to use egg white powder
Your information:

Positive SSL