This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

middle2nowhere
    Participant

i was just looking at one of my kids gelatin packets and was shocked at how high the the protein leval was 2.9 grams per 3.3 gram serve what would happen if you mixed it with say CC or WPC,WPI for a high protein desert or does desolving the gelatine in hot water degrade its protein leval i wouldnt mix the other protein source untill the gelatine had cooled to spare its properties.

any thoughts ❓

#6017 Reply

iskandar
    Participant

Gelatin is obtained by boiling the skin, tendons, and ligaments of animals jemce the high protein content…

Although gelatin has been touted for decades as a good source of protein and a great nail and hair strengthener, for the most part there is little hard scientific proof to support the vague health claims made for gelatin products.

For example, gelatin contains protein, but in an incomplete form that the body cannot readily use.

it is good for joint health though…

#6018 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

@iskandar wrote:

Gelatin is obtained by boiling the skin, tendons, and ligaments of animals jemce the high protein content…

Although gelatin has been touted for decades as a good source of protein and a great nail and hair strengthener, for the most part there is little hard scientific proof to support the vague health claims made for gelatin products.

For example, gelatin contains protein, but in an incomplete form that the body cannot readily use.

it is good for joint health though…

That’s pretty much it.

And that’s why it’s great to use in protein bars. Makes the label claims look good 😈

No reason why you couldn’t make some high protein jelly though. Experiment and let us know how it turns out. I’d just count protein from the powder you add though.

J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Gelatin
Your information:

Positive SSL