This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  teamjetspeed 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

teamjetspeed
    Participant

Hi all,

I know it is absolutely essential to take creatine on work out days, but do we also need to take creatine on non workout days also?

If so, what times of the ‘non workout’ days do we take the creatine? and how much of it?

Thanks!

#6005 Reply

IAN
    Participant

I don’t, why take it when the body has’nt done enough to dig into your creatine reserves 🙂

#1401 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

I’m with Ian.

Although it’s probably more slackness than anything. 😳

However, all studies were done with continuous supplementation so we can’t be sure that muscle creatine isn’t dropping away slowly. If you only take creatine on workout days in may be worth having a couple of loading days every month or so.

J

#6006 Reply

IAN
    Participant

I agree John,

Slackness more than anything 😥

#1403 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

I meant on my part but nice of you to fess up Ian 😈

#6007 Reply

teamjetspeed
    Participant

Although this may sound like a silly question to you, but…

What is loading? 😳

Thanks!

[/quote]

#1405 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

5 x 5g creatine spread evenly through the day.

J

#1406 Reply

Derek Amos
    Participant

The every day usage technique, means that every day take 3-5 grams in a workout shake just to maintain it in the body. Then there is no loading needed every so often.

Workout time take 5 gm pre-workout with either a load of dextrose or whey, then after take at least another 5 grams, or double – depending on your greedy attitude toward muscle gain. DA

#6008 Reply

IAN
    Participant

Thats a lot of creatine Derek? Any reason? I’ve tried loading, post workout, pre workout,missing a day then back on! now I take 5g’s postworkout and i’ve not noticed any loss of muscle fullness or weightloss? Over a period of about 5 yrs. Not being an arse just curious to different peoples results 🙂

#6009 Reply

Derek Amos
    Participant

1. Most probably because I’m a greedy sod when it comes to a swoled up muscle after exercising.The feeling is just great in my book, so I persue any means possible to get to that position.

2. I also believe the more muscle sacks are forced larger, then ultimately the muscle will grow when fed with protein afterwards.

3. Charly Poliquin uses it at 5gm before and 5 to 10 grams after as well, so I feel – as he is quite big and a bit of an authority, I’ll follow his lead.

4. Coupled with Taurine, about the same quantity, the swoled-up-ness gets even better, at least it does on me. DA

#1409 Reply

IAN
    Participant

If it works for you then thats good enough for me 🙂 My only concern is how much actually gets absorbed out of all that 😕
    And another question I wonder if Mr Poliquin has any financial gains from Creatine 😉

#6010 Reply

teamjetspeed
    Participant

As for me, I just take 5g of creatine before weights training, and 5g straight after weights training. I don’t take creatine on non weights traning days.

During cardio workout days, I only take HWPI and HCP straight after.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks.

#1411 Reply

Derek Amos
    Participant

@ian wrote:

If it works for you then thats good enough for me 🙂 My only concern is how much actually gets absorbed out of all that 😕
    And another question I wonder if Mr Poliquin has any financial gains from Creatine 😉

He was in with EAS when it came along, but I figure hes worth millions of bucks by now anyway from his own efforts, why worry about EAS brand goods. He seems to like obscure brand items like Borage oil, the unknown Vitamin E strains, and other weird items like Fenugreek powder – all used for his fat trimming aids. DA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Do we take creatine on NON-workout days?
Your information:

Positive SSL