This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 10 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5969 Reply

    rookie
    Participant

    Hey guys,

    Just a couple of questions:

    – is a tea spoon equal to 5 grams, coz I have been told 2 tea spoons are good enough per day ?

    – how much Dextrose does one have to mix with a serve of creatine ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Cheers

    #6181 Reply

    StormTrooper
    Participant

    I’m pretty sure a teaspoon is equal to 5 gms.
    Who said you have to take Creatine with dextrose? Use grape juice.

    #6182 Reply

    unbuff
    Participant

    but what if he doesnt have grapejuice then? huh huh huh

    #6183 Reply

    StormTrooper
    Participant

    @unbuff wrote:

    but what if he doesnt have grapejuice then? huh huh huh

    Buy some. 💡

    #6184 Reply

    Dr J
    Keymaster

    @rookie wrote:

    Hey guys,

    Just a couple of questions:

    – is a tea spoon equal to 5 grams, coz I have been told 2 tea spoons are good enough per day ?

    – how much Dextrose does one have to mix with a serve of creatine ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Cheers

    100g or 50g Dextrose and 50g protein otherwise it doesn’t really matter.

    It takes 100g of simple sugars to get a significant effect in the experiments that looked at increasing uptake like this. 50g didn’t unless mixed with protein which is also insulinotropic.

    All the original experiments that show how wonderful creatine was used warm tea.

    So use grapejuice, warm tea, what ever floats your boat 😉

    #6185 Reply

    rookie
    Participant

    I’m confused now.

    So it is either 100gms dextrose or 50gms dextrose along with 50 gms protein, is that how it is for a tea spoon serve of creatine ?

    And my other options are grape juice and warm tea. Will green tea qualify ?

    Cheers

    #6186 Reply

    Dr J
    Keymaster

    @rookie wrote:

    I’m confused now.

    So it is either 100gms dextrose or 50gms dextrose along with 50 gms protein, is that how it is for a tea spoon serve of creatine ?

    It takes a lot of dextrose to get an effect even 50g is a lot and that doesn’t make a difference on it’s own.

    Yes. Or it doesn’t matter how you take your creatine. You can just dump it in your mouth if you like.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Creatine & Dextrose.
Your information:




Positive SSL