This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

imported_mr 32
    Participant

how do you cycle your creatine?

does anyone not cycle creatine and just use it all the time?

#6142 Reply

Kinetic
    Participant

I use it all the time. There is debate about to cycle or not to cycle. The way that I see it is that creatine is stored in the muscle and the aim of creatine as a supplement is to saturate the muscle so that it is storing the maximum amount of creatine as possible. Because the body doesn’t get used to creatine and it doesn’t loose it effectiveness over time then I don’t see the point in cycling.

#6143 Reply

big_phi
    Participant

i dont cycle, dont see any point. cycling is just wasting time and money because i have to reload up on it.

#6144 Reply

imported_swiz
    Participant

I stop when the taste is pissing me off, or if the product is shit..besides that I would go forever

#6145 Reply

Joey Rudisill
    Keymaster

you do create small amounts of creatine but you get most from food sources (meat) so taking it non stop is just adding to that.

Cycling steroids makes sense as you produce it in your body and exogenous use stops/slows this, but, in creatines case you shouldnt have a problem as you get most of it from food sources and not made inside.

#6146 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

@dave wrote:

you do create small amounts of creatine but you get most from food sources (meat) so taking it non stop is just adding to that.

Cycling steroids makes sense as you produce it in your body and exogenous use stops/slows this, but, in creatines case you shouldnt have a problem as you get most of it from food sources and not made inside.

WTF!! 😕

#6147 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

@dave wrote:

The argument for cycling creatine supplementation is based on the theory that creatine pathways into the cell will down regulate with high levels of intake. Don’t think anyone has shown this to be the case though.

#6148 Reply

Joey Rudisill
    Keymaster

Doubt they will too, unless maybe it is extremely and excessive intake.

And what didnt you understand KM or was it that i was just talking about creation of creatine in the body and not uptake?

#6149 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

@dave wrote:

Thats like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. And your last statement is based on your opinion not fact, so state that. I’m not attacking you, just letting you know how others may percieve your statement. Because as the Doc says, nothing is really substantiated as yet, as is the case with most supplements.

#6150 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

With a lot of drugs exogenous use down regulates either endogenous production or uptake by cellular mechanisms involved.

Eg brain receptors for certain neurochemicals (taken as exogenous drugs) down regulate meaning one needs to increase the dose or take a break to get the same effect. Exogenous testosterone down regulates t production.

Creatine isn’t strictly produced in the body but recycled in the cell as part of the ATP (energy) cycle. Hence, there’s no production system to down regulate [Please correct me on this if I’m wrong]. However, there a receptors on the cell and it’s been speculated these might down regulated in the presence of high levels of intracellular creatine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Creatine cycling
Your information:

Positive SSL