This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr J 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

harlz
    Participant

Hi All,

I am new to this site and this is my first post.
    I am about to do an order from here but I am wondering.. which is the best WPI to get?
    I see there are 4 to choose from – ACE WPI, US Premium WPI, MF WPI and CSEP WPI.
    They are all excellent value but what are your recommendations for the best?

Thanks in advance,

Harlz

#6960 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

The ‘what’s best’ question is always conditional.

Whats best value for money in terms of protein – WPC. But only if lactose is not a problem and you’re happy with 5% fat and 5% carbs.

Best low fat choice is a WPI and at the moment US WPI gives excellent value.

But if you’re not on a tight budget and you’re main goal is building muscle the ACE WPI delivers 30% more BCAA than any other whey protien powder.

J

#6961 Reply

harlz
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Dr J

Money is not really an issue as they are all relatively cheap (well alot cheaper than what I have been paying at the local Supp. shops!)

I see they are all high in total % of protein and amino acids but I guess what I meant to ask was, out of those four I listed, which is best in terms of how they are made/processed/filtered?

Im not full bottle on the process, I heard that Micro-filtration is the best?

Any insite would be very appreciated!

Thanks, Harlz

#6962 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

I don’t think that there’s a lot of difference between modern processing techniques.

In the old days some people would insist that WPC was better in terms on undenatured protein (protien molecules retaining there natural shape) but that’s no longer the case.

MyoPure ACE WPI is 99.6% undenatured and it’s manufactured using a combo of microfiltration and sophisticated anion cation exchange.

#6963 Reply

harlz
    Participant

Thankyou very much for your help Dr J!

I have decided to give the ACE WPI a try.

I’ll let you all know how it goes (although I’m sure you have all already tried it)

Till then take care!

Harlz

#6964 Reply

harlz
    Participant

O sorry to bother ya’ll again but one last thing..

What type of protein is best for slow release.. say to have before you go to bed? Or maybe just for a meal replacement?

Thanks heaps I appreciate your help!

Harlz

#6965 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

Calcium caseinate or Milk Protein Concentrate.

My personal pref is MPC unless you need to totally avoid lactose and fat.

#6966 Reply

aussieinor
    Participant

That’s great info, thanks for that DrJ. I’ve been waiting for a reply to a post in another thread regarding Proteins however this pretty much answers it.

I’m moving back to Sydney in 2 weeks and excited to see how these product go when I get back into work out mode.

Based on someone wanting to add muscle and trim down on some body fat (couple kg’s to lose) how long would 1 kg of the ACE WPI last approximately? 1 kg per month or 2 kgs per month as approximation?

#6967 Reply

Dr J
    Keymaster

It really depends on how much protein you’re getting from the rest of your diet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Best Myopure Whey Protein Isolate?
Your information:

Positive SSL