This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  unbuff 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

imported_mr 32
    Participant

any one have any problems with ordering supplements from over seas and having them seized?
    i had my order quarantied because of lecithin. the thing i find strange is the same product is availble through supplment stores and even has an australian distributor.

#6398 Reply

kinmassive
    Participant

never had anything seized. And i have ordered some borderline stuff I can tell ya. Maybe you were unlucky, has your order been seized or is it being processed?

#6399 Reply

StormTrooper
    Participant

@mr 32 wrote:

any one have any problems with ordering supplements from over seas and having them seized?
    i had my order quarantied because of lecithin. the thing i find strange is the same product is availble through supplment stores and even has an australian distributor.

it does not matter if it is available here. You need a permi for lecithin. The distributor would have a permit. I had Hoodia seized but it’s available here..same deal.

#6400 Reply

imported_mr 32
    Participant

@kinmassive wrote:

never had anything seized. And i have ordered some borderline stuff I can tell ya. Maybe you were unlucky, has your order been seized or is it being processed?

its been seized, other parts of the order where repacked and sent and came with a nice AQIS letter stating i need a letter from the maker,
    on letter head, stating where the lecithin came from and its precentage, that the letter is un edited and signed by a high ranking person
    in the company to get it released if they will release it.
    the other is to get it re-exported (which is the smae price as its worth).
    or it will be destroyed free of charge after 30days.

i did speak to biotest (damn time zones had to get up at 2am to call them) they where helpfull the lecithin is from soy.
    they will get me the letter and send it through the distributor (little confused about that) but they werent sure if soy lecithin would be passed

#6401 Reply

mattakaspeeedy
    Participant

If i were you i would read up on the customs website as there are many regs involving importation. Such as no dairy, milk, egg products ect, no more than a 3 month supply at maximum dosage of any product. If yuo want help or want to know if it is ok for a specific product, post the name and ill do my best to let you know…

#6402 Reply

unbuff
    Participant

If the substance is not on the banned list, u can send a strong letter stating that its not, and give references from people who have gotten it in (find someone), and then u can threaten them with theft and legal action if its not released to you.

Don’t play there games, They won’t avoid u with this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Australian customs
Your information:

Positive SSL